Newly added to the glittering stable of electrocaïne artists is DJ and Producer Stephen Day, a versatile veteran if there ever was one. Here, he presents a sexy and groovy house mix combining the sultry with a deeper edge. Watch out.
Podcast exclusive: Download Stephen Day’s rework of “Marshall Jefferson – Move your body” for free
Where, when and how was this mix recorded?
I recorded this mix especially for this podcast. I used 3 CDJ2000s using USB and Rekordbox. I recorded directly into my laptop using Ableton.
How will you describe it to us?
This mix is a combination of music from the past and present. It’s full of tracks that have moved me in the last year or two. It’s not necessarily my all time favourites, but it defines the mood and style of my current tastes.
When did you relocate to Singapore and how has it been since?
I came to Singapore at the end of 2005 to be a resident at the Ministry of Sound club that was here. My 6 years here have been great. I’ve learned and tried so many new things that I never experienced in England. Things like trying new food and drinks and learning about different cultures and beliefs. It’s been a real eye opener for me and a very positive experience. I’m very thankful that chance landed me in Singapore.
Favourite things to do in Singapore?
My favourite things to do here are very much the same as I used to do in England, like playing football and other sports, also going out partying with mates, only it’s with different mates and I can play football in the sun instead of the rain! I do love the food here in Singapore and having a nice beach close by is cool.
Top 3 producers doing it for you right now?
5 killer tunes in the bag?
Favourite piece of music-making thing?
The Minimoog. I will never get tired of this synth.
What’s next for the year?
I’m gonna work double hard on my productions this year. I got loads of tracks that need finishing and Now I’ve got my new CDJs, I’m gonna do loads more mixes like this!
View Stephen Day’s releases: beatport.com/artist/stephen-day/146542
1. Alena – Changes (Ron Basejam rmx)
2. Aurra – Baby Love (VDRK Special Disco edit)
3. Groove Armada – The girls say (Greg Wilson Version)
4. Todd Terje – Ragysh
5. Trickski – Point 0 (Chopstick & Johnjon rmx)
6. Honom – Bedcat (SD’s bootleg)
7. Surface – Falling in love (Stephen Day’s re-work)
8. Karmon – Turning Point
9. Kris Menace – Timeless (SD’s ‘U know that I like it’ bootleg)
10. Johnny Mikes – Butterfly
11. Hanson & Davis – Tonight (Dub)
12. Lone – Risttowe
13. Groove Armada – Oh tweak to me
14. Chamboche – Smoke Screen (krl rmx)
15. Dj Funk, Zombie Disco Sqauad – Twerk
16. Subb-An feat. Beckford – Take you back
17. Black Strobe – Italian Fireflies (Richy Ahmed & Corey Baker rmx)
18. Peter JD – Drugs of my brain (Joel Alter rmx)
19. Light Year – Moderation